People solve problems on a daily basis, and their capacity to solve problems effectively and efficiently reflects greatly on the quality of their life.
In most cases problem-solving is synonymous with decision making. Both involve dealing with volatility, uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity (VUCA). In our view, those conditions are fundamental and infinite. Which means that there will be always in the world as much volatility, uncertainty, and complexity as you can handle.
Our psychologists and neuroscientists designed this intensive and extensive training course to do exactly that, to help you take your cognitive capacity to the next level, so that you can deal with ever higher levels of volatility, uncertainty, and complexity. We want to stretch your capability and enable you to reach new possibilities in different domains of your life.
This course is designed by psychologists and neuroscientists to enhance your problem solving skills. The focus is on your cognitive skills so that you can interpret the situation you are in in an accurate and correct way, and come up with creative solutions to the problems you are facing.
This course can also be considered a decision-making course, since it will enable you to better decisions, and since problem solving skills and decision making skills go hand in hand.
Here is what you will learn in this course:
- Interpretation skills. Things are not always as they appear. You will learn how to interpret the situation beyond its appearance.
- Understanding the people component of problems. Problems can hardly be separated from the people involved and their emotions. Thus, this will involve some basic understanding of human motivations and how they impact problems to the better or worse.
- Options generating skills. After you have identified the problem with specificity. You will learn how to generate viable solutions that are actually effective and efficient.
- You will learn to assess those solutions. Often people suggest solutions that cannot be implemented. You will learn how to choose the solutions that is most effective and costs less to implement.
- Solution optimisation skills. The solutions you propose will often need refinement and optimisation from various angles. You will learn how to do that.
You will also learn:
- Advanced systems thinking skills,
- Advanced network analysis skills
- Advanced research skills
Whom is this course for?
- Leaders or teams who want to solve their organizational problems (such as declining profits and rising costs)
- People who want to solve their relationship problems
- Entrepreneurs who want to develop innovative solutions to solve the problems of their prospective customers.
- People interested in cognitive science who want to learn a new innovative approach to problem solving.
Who will deliver the course?
The course will be delivered by experienced psychologists and neuroscientists.