Is you spouse struggling with postpartum depression? Is your teenage daughter struggling with body image and self worth issues? Is your brother or sister dealing with excessive anxiety? Is someone close to you dealing with any mental health issue?
You should be able to make a difference in their lives! You should be able to help them!
Inefficiencies in the mental healthcare sector
Our research into the mental healthcare services sector has revealed multiple inefficiencies. Those inefficiencies impact patients the most (as they decrease the value that patients can get from mental healthcare services). Some of those inefficiencies include:
- Assuming that the patient-therapist conversational approach works in all circumstances. It does not. During therapy, the patient might be afraid or reluctant to share certain information with their patient. This can happen due to many reasons, including lack of trust, or fear of judgement, or simply unwillingness to share. For therapy to work, emotional and mental issues must be identified early on. The faster, the better. However, in the traditional approach, it takes months or even years for the therapist to identify all the issues involves, wasting a lot of time.
- Traditional therapy only focuses on the patient and not on the their environment. If the environment is highly stressful, then chances are that healing will be somewhat of a challenge.
- Traditional therapy focuses only on the patient and not on people close to them in their network. Chances are if your spouse, parent, lover, brother, sister, understands your situation better, he or she will be better equipped to help you. This way, you encounter a person who has empathy on a daily basis, and you work with them on achieving progress. This way you will have a therapy catalyst close to you instead of someone who is feeling the emotional toll of dealing with your issues.
What are we offering?
We are offering a training and counselling service to people who have someone close to them with mental health issues.
This services is based on the assumption that mental health issues do not occur in vacuum, and the context in which they occur must also be understood. This service includes offering the person receiving the service the following:
|Ability to identify emotions in self and others (self awareness and empathy)|
|Ability to read into behavior|
|Ability to listen without judgement|
Whom is it for?
- The parent whose teenage kid is struggling with depression
- The spouse whose husband or wife is struggling with alcoholism
- The friend whose friend is dealing with substance abuse issues
- The coworker whose colleagues suffers from anxiety issues and panic attacks
- The leader whose employees are dealing with the high stress of the job
- The leader who wants to have trained people on their team who can prevent mental health issues among employees and create better atmosphere.
- The friend who wants to help her friend cope with hard circumstances (such as grieve)
- Other similar cases
The benefits of this services are as follows:
|For the person close to someone who is dealing with mental health issues (the direct recepient of the service)||For the person actually dealing with mental health issues|
|They will be equipped with the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to help their loved ones||Their recovery will be accelerated as interactions with the person close to them will become better|
|They will be able to manage their mental and emotional resources better, as it is demanding to deal with someone who has mental health issues on a constant basis.||It can prevent suicide in cases of depression|
|They will be able to detect early signs of mental health issues among their loves ones (and themselves) to that they can tackle them early on||It provides constant support instead of only for a one-hour session per week.|
|They will be counselled be a professional who understands how it is like to live or be close to someone who suffers from a mental illness.|
- The relationship between the two people will improve. This improves the overall quality of life for both.
- Better employee engagement at work.
- If more people can offer support to other people in their network, the whole society would be more resilient.
Why this approach is more effective than the traditional approach
This services is a shift from the individual-focused therapies, as it focuses instead on networks and relationships. Moreover, this approach leverages the proximity between the person who is suffering and the other person close to them.
Most mental illnesses cannot be separated from their context, and we would like to improve that context for people so that they can have better mental health.
The course contains the following modules:
- Definition of mental illness, therapy, and therapeutic interventions,
- Therapy principles
- Listening skills
- Propping techniques
- Mental processes
- Establishing trust and getting people to open up.
- Introduction to human behavior
- Human motivation (including excitatory and inhibitory neural functions), and the will to change
- Vocabulary that helps people describe their feelings (with definitions)
- Brain anatomy (brain regions and functions, including an introduction to the limbic brain)
- Introduction to mental illnesses, their causes, cues, treatments, and the effectiveness of those treatments
- The importance of physiological health
- Feedback as an approach to changing behavior
- Advanced problem solving skills
- The importance of patience when trying to modify behavior
- Linguistic and communication skills
- Cognitive behavioural therapy
- Helping others develop self-awareness
- Critical thinking skills
- Mental, emotional, and spiritual growth.
- Case studies
Teaching methodology and the learning process
We rely in our courses mostly on inductive learning, which is more focused on enabled than indoctrination. This approach has the following characteristics:
- It is objective-driven. Our research has shown that people learn the best when they are seeking to achieve a specific goal. Therefore, we work together with them and identify their goals, and work with them to help them acquire the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities, to achieve those goals.
- It is embedded in reality, not in textbooks.
- It is meant to enable you to induce change. Our underlying assumption is that if you have an accurate knowledge about something (accurate learning), you should be able to change it. That is our main test of knowledge and the learning process. The output of the learning process is someone (you) who is able to effect change. All other outputs are inferior to this output. Knowledge should give you power. Otherwise, it is not true knowledge.
- It is evidence-based. All the information and insights we present you is supported by a large volume of data points. The principles we will teach you have stood the test of time.
- It is rich in example. We will provide you with extensive case studies which includes examples of success and failure. Our experience shows that examples of failure teach a lot more than examples of success.